5710 County Road H
Auburndale, WI 54412
Thank you! Your answers have been submitted.
2. What is the minimum required Cut-in, Cut-out check to be performed on a pasteurizer?
1. Operators must check state regulatory seals beginning each day to make sure they are intact.
3. What is the critical limit that must be maintained to ensure pasteurization of milk using a high temperature short time (HTST) pasteurizer?
6. What is purpose for maintaining a pressure differential in a high-temperature short-time (HTST) pasteurizer?
Click Box to see your Score!
Incomplete! Please review all fields highlighted in "red."
For a score less than 85%, see your Dept. Head before retaking the QUIZ.
4. What steps should be taken if the pasteurizer does not maintain required time & temperature?
5. It is important that the pressure differential between the pasteurized side of the plates be one (1) psi greater than the raw side of the plates.
7. Operator is to verify that the recording thermometer and indicating thermometer are within one (1) degree.
8. Any pasteurizer issues need to be documented and reported.
9. What is the purpose of the cut-in, cut-out check on the pasteurizer?
10. Pasteurizer problems may be communicated to management or quality assurance, as per the Operator's discretion.
a) To ensure that the pasteurizer can change temperature upon request.
b) To check for leaks in the system.
c) To ensure the pasteurizer diverts when the temperature drops below the critical limit.
d) To check for defects in the temperature probe.
a) Every half-hour
b) At the start & end of each production run
c) Every 3 hours
d) At the start of each production day
a) Force forward flow
b) Contact Dept. Head or Quality Assurance
c) Inspect Chart Recorder for divert; record reason
d) Stop production
e) a and b
f) b and c
g) b and c and d
a) Prevents raw milk from entering past. milk
b) Prevents past. milk from entering raw milk
c) Keeps equipment running efficiency
d) Prevents scalding of milk
I acknowledge review & understanding of this month's Study Guides & Files.